Why am I going to Finland?

Here I am...sitting at Reval Cafe, spending my last hours in Tallinn and preparing to go on another adventure. I thought I would sit down and write down where I am going, why am I going and what I will be doing there. 


Where am I going?
Today, on the 28th of August, I will take a ferry to Finland to start my Erasmus adventure at a university called ''HUMAK University of Applied Sciences''. I will be joining an international  program there, where we will be studying about adventure education. University campus itself is located in a beautiful nature friendly area, which is 45km north of Helsinki and there's nothing else but a university, dormitory, sports hall and a lake there. I think it will be an amazing opportunity for me to shut myself out of the busy big city life and just concentrate on myself and my studying. 




More information on the university here!


Why am I going?
When people think of Erasmus, they think of going to study somewhere far away, but I am going to Finland which is only a 2 hour ferry ride away.
So out of all the options I had, why did I choose Finland? 
Actually I had two choices, which were: Finland and The Netherlands. But eventually I chose Finland because it is famous for its education system and I want to see it myself. I have herd so many good things about the Finnish education and youth work system that it has intrigued me to try it out myself.  I wanted to go somewhere, where I could actually learn something new about the field I am studying. 


What I will be doing there?
As I said before, I will be joining a special program, which is called ''Adventure Education Course 2019''. The program will focus on adventure and outdoor activities. We will spend time both in the classrooms and outdoors. We will be participation in a couple of multi day camping trips where we will be sleeping in tents and/or in wilderness cabins. 
I am also planning to keep playing volleyball there (I can't be without my love). I have contacted the team leader of ''Helsinki volley'' and I will have my first trial practise this Saturday.

I am officially all packed and ready to go!
PS! It is so freaking hard to pack for 3 months, because it is not a very long time, but it is also not a very short time. 



Kommentaarid